Monday, January 16, 2012

Daydreams…

Hola Divas…
So before I was a blogger, I was a avid short story writer. Not that you could tell from that last blog post that seemed to bounce around from subject to subject like an A.D.H.D. 10 year old off his meds. But since it’s been soooo long since I have written anything I was beginning to feel like I had lost my ability to write anything. So I figured that since I have this blog I could use this as a way to do some of my writing. I hope you like it…

Daydreams…
I close my eyes and exhale and allow myself to relax and go into my other realm. In this place I have no worries. I leave my career that I love and hop into my car that is paid for and head home. As I pass all the homes in my neighborhood I feel  a sense of accomplishment for how far we’ve come. I walk into my home and yell to see if anyone is home, there are notes on the whiteboard explaining the whereabouts of everyone. I see that I have at least 2 hours of free time, just for me.

I make my way up the stairs with my stilettos in hand and walk into my closet that was once a small bedroom that my husband converted, because he had no where to put his clothing. I put down my stilettos in the place from which I had retrieved them earlier that morning. While in my “closet” I change into something more comfortable. As I walk past my bedroom, I contemplate laying down in my bed and using this alone time to sleep, but no… that is not what is driving me at the moment. I walk downstairs and look into my office/gym and think about spending some time on the elliptical or treadmill. No… I can exercise later when I need to escape the chaos of family life. Now I am driven to do something else. I make my way to my kitchen and turn on my touchscreen recipe pad that is conveniently placed on my refrigerator. I decide to make my family something new that they have not yet tried but I hope they will enjoy. I spend the next 2 hours making a fabulous dinner including dessert in my double ovens and my gourmet kitchen. This time is where I get my best ideas for my clients that visit my business as a stylist and wardrobe re-designer.

When my family arrives home, they arrive to dinner made and mom/wife smiling with accomplishment. We discuss our day and after we are all full and satisfied we go to the family room and watch television. Later that evening while preparing my outfit for the following day, I think about how far we’ve come as a family and how much we have grown as people. As I slip into the bed that I had earlier avoided, next to my sleeping husband, I say a silent prayer to God thanking him for all the blessings he has bestowed upon my family. As I nod off to sleep my dreams are filled with the present, because my life is what my dreams once were, so there is nothing more I could wish for but more days like today. The End.

How do you like it? I hope to put up more things that I have written, some are not for the light hearted but I love to write so I decided to begin with something a little tame. I wanted to include a picture in today’s post but I just… was too lazy and still a little sick. So the last thing I wanted to do is take pictures of my red/puffy eyed self… lol. I hope you enjoyed today’s post that is not anything like what I’ve done before. I hope you enjoy the future short stories I am prepared to share with you all. Hasta la proxima ~besitos~

2 comments:

samantha f. said...

I am actually glad that you did this post. I know you have expressed a lot of disappointment over events in your life over the past few months. It's nice to see the direction you would like your path to lead. So many times people say they want a better life, but visualizing that life is hard when it seems so far away from your present. From reading your story I feel like I now know your hopes and aspirations and know you a little better. 

Gabriella Cozza said...

Nice story, very vivid and descriptive. Sounds like a lovely daydream, hopefully it comes true for you one day. :)  I love to write too, I've been planning on including more short stories and things I've written on my blog soon too, I recently posted a silly poem I wrote...lol. :)

♥  Principessa Gabriella 

Related Posts with Thumbnails