Thursday, August 02, 2012

Review: Smokin’ Hot Jacket (Wilsons Leather)

Hola Divas…
So earlier this week, I took time out before work (really early in the AM) to take pictures of me in a Leather Blazer I received from Wilsons Leather for a review post. They found me online after joining the Kiyonna Blogger Brigade. They sent the jacket wanting me to just try on the jacket in a post and to review how it fits.

Here is what I first want to tell you. Being a blogger is hard work because even though I was exceedingly excited about the jacket and the possible fit of it, the thought of actually putting it on during this recent heat wave made me physically ill (no really… I had heat exhaustion just thinking about that jacket). But on Monday, I decided… who cares… this jacket looks amazing (on the hanger). Then I tried it on… I think I actually heard angels sing.

Cons:

  • It’s too freaking hot to wear leather… period
  • Color: Wouldn’t I have loved a crazy color like red, purple, or forest green. But black is equally fine.

Pros

  • Material: The leather is super soft. I don’t know what I was expecting, but I was not expecting a jacket that felt like it was made out of leather cashmere…
  • Fit: This jacket is a size 3x. Due to my arms… sometimes things don't fit quite like I would like them too. But this left ample space in the arms but wasn’t too large that it ruined the fit of the jacket.
  • Cut: It’s a blazer cut… enough said… it’s cut trendy and hugs the curves.

All in all, had I not been given this jacket to review… I would have definitely bought it. I think that my biggest problem is that I don’t generally think about fall items until its actually fall/winter (unless its shoes). But I realize that I have to pay more attention, this jacket which is usually $400 is currently on sale for $179.99. That is the kind of deal I need in my life. What type of jackets do you wear in the fall? Would you consider giving Wilsons Leather Jackets a try? Hasta la proxima ~besitos~

IMG_0020IMG_0019IMG_0022IMG_0025IMG_0029

Disclaimer: I was not compensated for reviewing this product and all opinions are honestly written. Wilsons Leather graciously provided me with this jacket so that I could write this review.

1 comment:

Alissa Wilson said...

Been a fan of Wilson's leather since the 90's. They always had cute affordable leather jackets in plus.

Related Posts with Thumbnails